- Docent; senior research fellow.
- Speech scientist; registereded speech pathologist and therapist
- Retired senior lecturer in phonetics; formerly at University of Lund and University of Umeå, Sweden
- PhD thesis on vowel articulation
- Teaching topics: speech production, speech physiology, phonology, neurolinguistics
- Research interests: the gestural structure of vowels and consonants, the temporal organisation of speech articulator manoeuvres, the relationship between articulation and spectral properties of speech, assimilation, coarticulation; based on data obtained from X-ray motion films of speech from several languages (English, Swedish, Arabic, Inuit, Bulgarian)
- Reviewer for journals and research councils
- Member of the Acoustical Society of America
- Member of the Int. Speech Communication Assoc.
- Member of the Int. Phonetic Assoc.
Contact Send a message from the CONTACT menu