Help: Search this site
Site last updated
2 Sep 2022
The latest Praat build:
17 Dec 2022: 184.108.40.206.
From Paul Boersma’s and David Weeninck’s Praat website
Recent Blog Posts
- Jack Windsor Lewis
- Dating the New Open TRAP Sound Change in Southeast England
- Save the Musée de la parole et du geste
- RIP RP – RP RIP?
- Perturbation theory
- Is cardinal 4 front or central?
- Feeling tongue positions
- The double-resonance theory
- Tongue height and backness
- New article
- 19th century sound change in Kent: LOT
- 19th century sound change in Kent: MOUTH
Popular pages this week
A M Bell’s vowel model150th anniversary2017/09/01
Category Archives: Writing
A post by Victor Mair in Language Log today reported research from Taiwan that claims to have settled the controversy regarding the pictorial nature of Chinese writing – are the characters processed in the right hemisphere like other images? Brain … Continue reading