- The vertical red line is the cursor, marking a time position in the waveform.
- The Sound editor opens with the cursor centred in the waveform.
- The red number above the cursor is the value of the cursor position, in seconds, in the Sound object being viewed.
- Move the cursor by clicking the new position in the waveform
- To hide the cursor, click outside the wave, to the left or right; the side where it is hidden is shown by a blue dot.
- For greater precision when placing the cursor, zoom in first
- The Select menu has commands for moving the cursor to precise positions