Sound editor zooming
Praat for Beginners:
The Sound editor: zoom controls
- Zooming in means magnifying what you are looking at (the waveform and maybe an analysis)
- Zooming out means reducing the magnification
- The zoom buttons are in the bottom left corner below the waveform.
- They control magnification of the time scale to permit a closer look at some detail or for greater precision in placing the cursor, making cuts etc.
- All: Show the whole Sound object in the window
- In: Zoom in to half (double magnification) centred around the midpoint of the window
- Out: Zoom out to double (halve magnification)
- Sel: Zoom in to a selection
- Bak: Return from selection zoom
- Continue increasing magnification by using the in button
- Or use sel again after making a new selection
© Sidney Wood and SWPhonetics, 1994-2012