Help: Search this site
Site last updated
2 Sep 2022
The latest Praat build:
21 Nov 2022: 188.8.131.52.
From Paul Boersma’s and David Weeninck’s Praat website
Recent Blog Posts
- Jack Windsor Lewis
- Dating the New Open TRAP Sound Change in Southeast England
- Save the Musée de la parole et du geste
- RIP RP – RP RIP?
- Perturbation theory
- Is cardinal 4 front or central?
- Feeling tongue positions
- The double-resonance theory
- Tongue height and backness
- New article
- 19th century sound change in Kent: LOT
- 19th century sound change in Kent: MOUTH
Popular pages this week
A M Bell’s vowel model150th anniversary2017/09/01
Tag Archives: Swedish
A short sequence from an X-ray motion film: Uvular [yʀa] This is a short sequence where a speaker of Southern Swedish is saying [ˈyʀa], broken out from a longer sequence, /ˈfy:ra/, [ˈfəyʀa], fyra, ‘four’. This example is illustrated with every … Continue reading